Faculty Surgery 0.3 FTE
Job no: 492446
Work type: PT
Location: Des Moines
Categories: Clinical Faculty and Staff, Faculty
Des Moines University seeks a faculty member in the Department of Specialty Medicine who will be responsible for provision of educational lectures, laboratories and other educational modalities, consistent with the Surgical scope of practice. In addition to the duties assigned by the University, this physician is expected to maintain a clinical practice outside of the University Clinic System. This is a part-time (0.3 FTE) academic Surgery position with the focus entirely on the education of students. There are no assigned clinical responsibilities with this position.
- D.O. degree from a COCA accredited college of osteopathic medicine or M.D. degree from LCME accredited school of allopathic medicine.
- Current board certification in Surgery or Surgical Specialty or appropriate sub-specialty boards.
- Prior academic experience in a medical school setting or residency training program highly desirable.
- Four or more years of experience in a surgical practice required.
- Possess a license to practice in the State of Iowa or be eligible to gain a license to practice in the State of Iowa.
Our employees are what make DMU special, so we treat them well. Qualified faculty and staff enjoy a generous retirement match, flexible work arrangements, professional development funding, tuition assistance, access to wellness facilities and programs and so much more. Visit dmu.edu/employment to learn more about our benefits.
Founded in 1898, Des Moines University is a premier medical and health sciences institution comprising of three colleges– College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, and College of Health Sciences – that offer nine graduate degree programs. The programs share a collective strength — an inclusive campus community where students and faculty come together in pursuit of knowledge, research and innovation. Join us as we impact the future of medicine and healthcare in our new state of the art campus opening in West Des Moines in 2023.
CV, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references required at time of online submission. Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Department: Specialty Medicine Status: Exempt
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend