Director of Clinical Education
Job no: 492496
Work type: FT
Location: Des Moines
Des Moines University is seeking a collaborative individual to fill the Director of Clinical Education role in the Occupational Therapy Department. This position will be responsible for collaborating with and reporting to the Director and Chair of the Doctor of Occupational Therapy Program, the Director of Clinical Education (aka: Academic Fieldwork Coordinator) will create and maintain an exceptional clinical curriculum for occupational therapy students. Primary responsibilities will be to plan, coordinate, facilitate, administer, and monitor the clinical education courses and activities. As a faculty member, duties of all faculty positions include teaching, service, and scholarly activities.
- Occupational therapist with an active Iowa license or eligibility for Iowa licensure.
- Doctoral degree awarded by an institution that is accredited by a USDE-recognized institutional accrediting agency.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical practice experience as an occupational therapist.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel both within the State of Iowa and nationally. Valid Iowa driver's license and proof of insurance required. Must provide own dependable transportation for in-state travel.
- Experience in teaching and/or clinical coordination is preferred and highly desirable.
- Must possess or be eligible for licensure as an occupational therapist in Iowa and maintain an active occupational therapy license in Iowa while on faculty at Des Moines University.
Our employees are what make DMU special, so we treat them well. Qualified faculty and staff enjoy a generous retirement match, flexible work arrangements, professional development funding, tuition assistance, access to wellness facilities and programs and so much more. Visit dmu.edu/employment to learn more about our benefits.
Founded in 1898, Des Moines University is a premier medical and health sciences institution comprising of three colleges– College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, and College of Health Sciences – that offer nine graduate degree programs. The programs share a collective strength — an inclusive campus community where students and faculty come together in pursuit of knowledge, research and innovation. Join us as we impact the future of medicine and healthcare in our new state of the art campus opening in West Des Moines in 2023.
Resume/CV, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references required at time of online submission.
Department: Occupational Therapy Department Status: Exempt
Work Schedule: M-F 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend