Assistant Director of Student Affairs
Job no: 492494
Work type: FT
Location: Des Moines
Des Moines University has an outstanding opportunity for an individual to fill the Assistant Director of Student Affairs role. Seeking candidates to provide administration and leadership for assigned student services, serve as a University student conduct officer and a Title IX investigator, provide direction for student programs and engagement initiatives, assist with designated University events, and empowers students to develop the highest quality of student led co-curricular programs.
- Master’s degree in higher education administration, student affairs, student development, counseling, psychology, social science or a related field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in higher education.
- Experience serving as a Conduct Officer, preferred.
- Experience serving as a Title IX Investigator, preferred.
- Knowledge of current trends and legal requirements in Student Affairs, including Title IX.
- Knowledge of ACA, Medicaid and HIPAA; Due Process and FERPA
- Demonstrated ability in project development and management.
- Demonstrated ability in formulating and administering university policies and developing long-range goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively across disciplines with administrators, faculty and/or students.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills, including but not limited to, able to convey and receive verbal and written information effectively and efficiently as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Excellent PC Knowledge and skills; Colleague, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and/or conclusions to problems.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
Our employees are what make DMU special, so we treat them well. Qualified faculty and staff enjoy a generous retirement match, flexible work arrangements, professional development funding, tuition assistance, access to wellness facilities and programs and so much more. Visit dmu.edu/employment to learn more about our benefits.
Founded in 1898, Des Moines University is a premier medical and health sciences institution comprising of three colleges– College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, and College of Health Sciences – that offer nine graduate degree programs. The programs share a collective strength — an inclusive campus community where students and faculty come together in pursuit of knowledge, research and innovation. Join us as we impact the future of medicine and healthcare in our new state of the art campus opening in West Des Moines in 2023.
Resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references required at time of online submission.
Department: Enrollment Management and Student Affairs Status: Exempt
Work Schedule: M-F 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend