Faculty Internal Medicine (.3) - Teaching
Job no: 492454
Work type: PT
Location: Des Moines
Categories: Clinical Faculty and Staff, Faculty
Des Moines University seeks a part-time Internal Medicine faculty member. The position reports to the Chair of the Department of Osteopathic Clinical Medicine. This physician is responsible, along with the Osteopathic Clinical Medicine faculty, for provision of educational lectures, laboratories and other educational modalities to support the educational priorities of the department and University.
- D.O. degree from a COCA accredited college of osteopathic medicine or an M.D. degree from an LCME accredited college of medicine.
- Board-eligible/certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine or board eligible/certified by American Board of Internal Medicine.
- If board eligible, must obtain certification within one year of employment.
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 3 years of full-time clinical experience in Internal Medicine or a related fellowship trained clinical practice.
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 3 years teaching experience in either undergraduate or graduate medical education.
- The ideal candidate will possess or be willing to acquire Ultrasound teaching experience.
- Must possess license to practice in State of Iowa or be eligible to gain license to practice in the State of Iowa.
- Must possess valid State and Federal narcotics license or be eligible to gain licensure.
- Must be in good standing among all professional and governmental organizations.
Our employees are what make DMU special, so we treat them well. Qualified faculty and staff enjoy a generous retirement match, flexible work arrangements, professional development funding, tuition assistance, access to wellness facilities and programs and so much more. Visit dmu.edu/employment to learn more about our benefits.
Founded in 1898, Des Moines University is a premier medical and health sciences institution comprising of three colleges– College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, and College of Health Sciences – that offer nine graduate degree programs. The programs share a collective strength — an inclusive campus community where students and faculty come together in pursuit of knowledge, research and innovation. Join us as we impact the future of medicine and healthcare in our new state of the art campus opening in West Des Moines in 2023.
CV, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references required at time of online submission. Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend