Library Services Technical Associate
Job no: 492472
Work type: FT
Location: Des Moines
Des Moines University is seeking a Library Services Technical Associate, under the guidance of the Lead Librarian, who will support appropriate services within the Center for Educational Enhancement (CEE), including digital initiatives, resources, and technologies, processing and integration of digital content and learning resources within respective Center and University technology platforms. Functions include coordinating digital content and access to resources within the institutional repository and course reserves systems. This position will also assist CEE and its library services team with training student workers to support initiatives and stakeholders’ needs. A key focus of the position is troubleshooting day to day technology issues, working within CEE and its library services vendors, DMU’s ITS department, and other campus stakeholders to resolve technology issues as they occur. The individual in this position will join a team dedicated to advancing quality, technology-enhanced teaching, learning, research, and scholarship.
Founded in 1898, Des Moines University is a premier medical and health sciences institution comprising of three colleges– College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, and College of Health Sciences – that offer nine graduate degree programs. The programs share a collective strength — an inclusive campus community where students and faculty come together in pursuit of knowledge, research and innovation. Join us as we impact the future of medicine and healthcare in our new state of the art campus opening in West Des Moines in 2023.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in information science is preferred.
- One year of experience with integrated library systems, digitization projects, databases, and large data sets and with HTML, CSS and Java script and web site maintenance is strongly preferred.
- Experience creating and manipulating video images and sound files is preferred.
- Experience working in an academic library preferred.
- Experience with educational technologies such as learning management systems, multimedia authoring tools, and screen capturing software preferred.
For complete job description, benefit summary, or to apply visit www.dmu.edu/employment. Please submit resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references at time of online submission. Position will remain open until filled.
Department: Center for Educational Enhancement (CEE) Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8 AM – 4:30 PM Pay Rate: $24.63
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend