Job no: 492469
Work type: FT
Location: Des Moines
Des Moines University is seeking an Animal Caretaker to maintain efficient operation of the animal care facility (ACF), as specified by the Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW) Guide for the Care and Use of Animals (Guide) , and governmental and accrediting body regulations. This includes record-keeping, cleaning facilities, acquiring, feeding, and humane disposal of animals.
Founded in 1898, Des Moines University is a premier medical and health sciences institution comprising of three colleges– College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, and College of Health Sciences – that offer nine graduate degree programs. The programs share a collective strength — an inclusive campus community where students and faculty come together in pursuit of knowledge, research and innovation. Join us as we impact the future of medicine and healthcare in our new state of the art campus opening in West Des Moines in 2023.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Experience in scientific or veterinary small animal care strongly preferred.
- Capable of using the following equipment: autoclave, security system, University vehicle, cage washer, clothes washer and dryer, incinerator, computer, pressurized hose, incinerator, water distilling equipment, calculator
- Demonstrated experience following established departmental procedures, guidelines, processes and/or direction.
- Must have a current, valid Iowa driver's license.
For complete job description, benefit summary, or to apply visit www.dmu.edu/employment. Please submit resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references at time of online submission. Position will remain open until filled.
Department: Animal Care Facility Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: 8:00-4:30 weekdays, 8:00 - 4:30 on weekends. Pay Rate: $23.58
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend