Faculty Osteopathic Manual Medicine
Job no: 492474
Work type: FT
Location: Des Moines
Categories: Clinical Faculty and Staff, Faculty
Des Moines University is proud to be a place where people come together to create opportunities. DMU seeks a faculty member in the Department of Osteopathic Clinical Medicine (OCM), Section of Osteopathic Manual Medicine (OMM) who will participate in clinical patient care, academic, scholarly, and service activities.
- Have earned a Doctor of Osteopathy or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from an AOA-accredited college of osteopathic medicine.
- Hold board eligible status or board certification in OMM/NMM or be board eligible or board certification in another specialty field and possess significant experience in OMM (e.g. completion of an undergraduate OMM fellowship, 0.5 cumulative FTE of teaching in another OMM department).
- Possess an unblemished professional record for clinical skills/practice and ethical conduct.
- Be a member in good standing in all appropriate professional and governmental organizations.
- Possess license to practice in the State of Iowa or be eligible to gain license to practice in the State of Iowa.
- Have valid state and federal narcotics license or be eligible to gain these licenses.
- Meet the eligibility requirements for malpractice coverage by the University malpractice insurance carrier.
Our employees are what make DMU special, so we treat them well. Qualified faculty and staff enjoy a generous retirement match, insurance benefits, flexible work arrangements, professional development funding, tuition assistance, access to wellness facilities and programs and so much more. Visit dmu.edu/employment to learn more about our benefits.
Founded in 1898 in Iowa’s capital city, DMU is a graduate medicine and health sciences university comprising three colleges – College of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine, and College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery – that offer nine graduate degree programs. DMU combines the top advantages in health sciences education: expert faculty, a rigorous and relevant curriculum, a dynamic and diverse research environment, and a supportive, inclusive community of students and faculty active in learning and service. By consistently producing outstanding graduates who excel in their careers, DMU’s DPT Program continues to embrace their mission of preparing graduates as applied movement specialists responsive to the health care needs of diverse populations. In addition, the University will relocate to a new campus in West Des Moines, tentatively in 2023, that will serve as an innovative model for medical and health sciences education for the nation and beyond.
CV, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references required at time of online submission. Official transcripts required at time of hire.
Department: Osteopathic Clinical Medicine Status: Exempt
Work Schedule: M - F Daytime Hours
Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend